Rhubarb is in season from May-July in New Jersey, and we wanted to highlight this radiant vegetable for you here on the blog!
How to Select Rhubarb
- Look for crispy stalks
- No scars, cuts, or visible decay
- No wilty or blemished leaves
How to Store Rhubarb
- Store it in the refrigerator, whole, wrapped in a plastic bag or plastic wrap for up to a week.
- Rinse under cool water to wash, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Remove the leaves and discard them - do not eat them, as they are poisonous.
- Rhubarb is tart, so it is often most enjoyable when paired with something sweet.
- Pairs well with apple, caramel, cinnamon, cream, strawberry, lemon, raspberry, pork.
Nutrition Highlights of Rhubarb
- Good source of Vitamins C and K.
Ever made anything with rhubarb? Leave a comment and let us know what you made!