GI Map Services
Vita Nutrition Services Team
Be Happy, Be healthy
a little about GI Mapping...
Research overwhelmingly indicates that gut health impacts overall health. The gut microbiome, in particular, plays a critical role in mediating the effects of diet and other factors on health, including digestive, immune, metabolic, and neuroendocrine functions. Assessing GI health with the proper tools can help practitioners get to the root cause of chronic illness.
The GI-MAP (Microbial Assay Plus) is unique in the field of comprehensive stool testing. It relies exclusively on quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) technology to detect parasites, bacteria, fungi, and more, by targeting the specific DNA of the organisms tested.
GI-MAP Allows for the Personalized Treatment Plans and Informative Retests
The GI-MAP's accuracy and reliability allow Vita Dietitians to create personalized treatment protocols to address gut dysfunction based on which infections are urgent, which areas of the gut are already optimized, and which areas should be addressed after an infection is resolved.
Additionally, the quantification offers a remarkable ability to see how treatment modalities are working because a retest after treatment can show whether a parasite has resolved, dysbiosis has improved, and more.
Who are Great candidates for GI Map?
- Autoimmune diseases
- Digestive complaints, diarrhea or constipation
- Brain fog
- Skin problems, like acne and psoriasis
- Mood disorders, depression, and anxiety
- Diabetes and weight concerns
What is Reported on GI Map Test Results?
- Commensal/Kestyone Bacteria
- Opportunistic/Overgrowth Microbes
- Intestinal Health Markers
- Inflammatory Markers
Sample GI Map
What is the cost and how does it work?
What's the cost
- Vita's Discounted Test Cost: $389.00 (List price 582.00)
- Paid to Diagnostic Solutions directly when the kit is sent back
- Vita Admin and Clinical Meeting Fee: $100
- We meet with the functional MD on your behalf and make a personalized protocol just for you!
- Initial Visit: $205.00
- 95-98 % of our clients use their insurance benefit and typically these visits are covered 100% or just the cost of a co-pay
- Follow Up: $152.00
- We recommend at least 2-3 follow-ups 2-4 weeks apart to over protocol and make sure interventions are making you feel better/decreasing your symptoms
- Most clients start feeling better within 2-4 weeks of starting the protocol
How to get started
- Call or email Vita to set up an initial visit
- We mail your kit and you complete the directions on the box/mail it back to Diagnostic Solutions
- Follow up with your Dietitian in 2-4 weeks for your protocol meeting
- Complete the protocol & follow up with RD to make tweaks & Retest as needed
Book your GI Mapping
If you have questions, check out our FAQ page or get on a free consultation call with us.